Video Of The Week - Fancy A Ride On A Motorized Suitcase?
Listen to Article
A Chinese farmer is making headlines all over the world thanks to his unusual mode of transport - a motorized suitcase! The steerable scooter-suitcase that weighs 15lbs when empty, is powered by a rechargeable lithium battery and can carry two passengers for up to 60km (37miles) at a maximum speed of 20km/h (12mph).
He Liang who resides in China's Hunan Province says that he came up with the idea in 1999, after losing his luggage whilst on the way to the airport to catch a flight to the United States, to claim a prize for an award-winning car safety system that he designed. It took ten years, but Liang now has a working prototype of 'City Cab' that he hopes to see on the roads in the very near future! Oh and in case you are wondering, City Cab does have room for clothes too!
Resources: treehugger.com, bbc.co.uk
Learn Keywords in this Article
- Sky over 3 yearsCool!!
- THE LEGIT KIDover 5 yearsthat is so cool i would want one so much i could ride it to school (:-()
- specialistover 5 yearsI need one too! Easy parking too!
- t dogabout 7 yearsthats amazing
- pinkiepabout 7 yearsThis guy is a genius
- itsonlyyzariahabout 7 yearsI am getting one because that will you get around very quicker!!
- niceherobrine01about 7 yearsLOL I need one
- Mcubsover 7 yearsI want that for my birthday.How much does it cost.
- coolkid329over 7 yearscool i wont wone.
- itsonlyyzariahabout 7 yearsIt is want one!! That is how you spell it just to me nice.
- The Manover 7 yearsHello Christmas present
- theonlylokiover 7 yearsI was thinking the same thing
- chover 7 yearsI want one