Video Of The Week — Feathers Explode On International Pillow Fight Day
Listen to Article
What better way to spend an afternoon than having an old-fashioned pillow fight with total strangers? That, believe it or not, is what thousands of fun-loving adults and children across the world did on Saturday, April 1, which in addition to being Fools’ Day, also happened to be International Pillow Fight Day.
To participate, fighters gathered at predetermined “battlegrounds.” They were armed with fluffy pillows as well as rakes and trash bags to clean up the ensuing mess. The only rules were to hit opponents gently and avoid those that did not have a pillow or were holding a camera. The hour-long chaos, which began as soon as the signal was sounded, continued until all the feathers have been released.
International Pillow Fight Day, which started seven years ago, is the brainchild of the Urban Playground Movement. The volunteer group’s mission is to organize unique public events that become a significant part of the popular culture. The pillow fight has certainly caught on. This year, residents in over 100 cities, including Washington DC, New York, Sao Paolo, and Istanbul, participated in this fun celebration. Judging from the videos, they all appeared to be a roaring success. In addition to this feather-flying event, the group has also organized mass Capture the Flag games and bubble battles.
Learn Keywords in this Article
- serene_euphoria4 monthsthat looks SO fun!
- mattchienalmost 2 yearslooks so fun!
- x_goddess_xabout 2 yearsCan't do that with COVID. :(
- pukipukipunpunover 2 yearsOh wow this looks like a lotta fun! Follow and Like if you agree
- frenchie_friendover 2 yearsomg this looks so funnnn I really wanna be there. :D
- coolkid77over 2 yearsOMG i wish that was in florida :(
- mwollschlagerover 2 yearsit looks like fun
- lovebooks123almost 3 yearsIt looks like snow
- mangogirlabout 3 yearsLOL I want to be there
- lovelymarissaover 3 yearsThe best holiday apart from New year because you get money! And it is so much fun! I wish I was there. But what if it was a prank?