Smart Mother Goose Asks Police Officer To Help Free Her Entangled Gosling
Listen to Article
On Monday, May 9, James Givens, a police officer in Cincinnati, Ohio, was sitting in his cruiser when he heard what sounded like a knock. He turned around only to find a goose pecking at the car door. This was highly unusual given that the birds typically preferred to observe humans from a distance.
But on this day, the goose appeared to be determined to get his attention and kept pecking until Givens opened the car door and stepped out. The police officer says that though the bird then began to walk away, it kept turning around to make sure he was following. When they finally stopped, Givens realized why the mother goose had been so persistent — She needed help to free her gosling that had managed to get entangled in some balloon string.
Worried that the mother goose would attack him if he got close to the baby, Givens called the local SPCA chapter. Unfortunately, they were unable to dispatch anyone to help right away. Concerned that the gosling would not survive the delay, fellow police officer Cecilia Charron, who had just joined Givens, decided to take on the task herself.
As it turned out, there was nothing to worry about. The mother goose appeared to realize that Charron was trying to help and watched patiently from a safe distance as the officer untangled the trapped bird. As soon as the little gosling was free, it trotted to its mom, and the duo took off shortly after. Charron, a 24-year veteran of the police force, said this would probably go down as the most memorable incident of her career!
Resources: mashable.com, dailymail.co.uk
Learn Keywords in this Article
- bivosimovulo4 monthsadorable🥰
- pinkkitty9about 2 yearswow, she is so smart! very sweet!
- wolfiedreamabout 2 yearsIm speechless 🙃
- alphawolf13about 2 yearsawww. I love how the goose "Knocked" on the door. Such a smart goose. It was nice of the officer to help.
- x_goddess_xabout 2 yearsAww, so cute!!!!!!!!
- wolfy_blueabout 2 yearsthis is wonderful!
- iam_bannaiabout 2 yearsYay :)
- dinobasketball7about 2 yearsalso is very heartwarming!
- dinobasketball7about 2 yearsso sweet
- dream_beyondover 2 yearsAww that is so sweet!